Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chapter Two

It had been two days since he had left and still nothing had changed. She felt empty, like she had lost everything that meant anything to her. 'I shouldn't have listened to my heart,' she thought. 'He would have still been here.' The sound of her cell phone echoed through the house once more and she pushed it aside again like she had the previous times. She continued to flip through the pages of the tattered old photo album laying in her lap. Her fingers lightly trailed across the pictures and lingered on one.

Flashback
"Sidney.. stop!" She cried out amongst her laughter. "Not until you say it." "Say what?" She asked, knowing well of what he wanted her to tell him. "That I'm the best hockey player to ever walk this universe and you're not, even if you did beat me this time." He stopped tickling her for a few seconds, taking notice to the serious look plastered on her face. "Sidney Crosby is.." He began to move himself off of her, now standing tall in front of her. "GAY!" She laughed, then darted off towards the house. "Oh, it's on now."

They chased each other up the walk and through the yard, running circles a few times before sprinting into the house. The stairs were now within a few feet and she tore up them, leaving Sid in the dust. As her left foot cleared the last step, her right caught on it and she fell in a heap at the top of the stairs. "Ha, I got you now!" He yelled excitedly, scooping her up into his arms and carrying her into his bedroom. Squeals of laughter erupted from her as he pinned her to his bed and proceeded to tickle her again. "Are you going to say it now?" "No.. way!" She managed to get out as he moved his hands up to her neck. "Oh my God, no!" She screamed, kicking her feet as he found her most ticklish spot. "Well..." "Okay fine!" He stopped and stared down at her intently. "Sidney Crosby is the best hockey player to ever walk the universe and I'm not, even if I did just kick your ass." "Take back the kicking my ass part and I'll let you go." "Geez you sissy. Okay, even if I did beat you this time." "That'll do," he smiled, rolling over to lay beside her.

End

A knock on the door brought her back to reality. She sat for a few seconds, deciding whether to open it or not. She knew what had happened the last time she had. "Cameron. Please let me in," a female voice called. She slowly got up from the couch and walked to the door, opening it to reveal the only best friend she had left, Laura. "Cam, what's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked, her voice full of concern. "He.. I.. Just come in."

They made their way over to the couch and sat down, brushing a few stray tissues out of the way. Silence fell over them for a few minutes before Laura broke it. "What happened?" Cameron took a deep breath before speaking. "I.. Um, remember how I told you since he never made a move, that I was going to?" Her voice shook, "Well, I did." "Did he.." "Last night turned out to be the best night of my life and apparently his too, but.. just read this," she said, handing her the tear stained note.

"Oh God. Cameron, I'm so sorry. I.. I can't believe he did this. Why would he.. I'm sorry." Tears streamed down Cameron's face once more, following the trails they had took for the past two days. Laura wrapped her up in a hug, trying in any way to comfort her. She had no words. She knew Sidney had feelings for Cameron and vice versa. She had served as the middle grounds between the two. But not once did she think things would turn out like this. "I just don't understand. Why did he do this to me? He even told me he loved me. God, I miss him Laur." "I don't know, Cam. I don't know," she replied, rubbing her back.

Hours later and a couple dozen boxes of tissues used, the two rose. "I really think you need to get out of this house. It's doing you no good," Laura spoke. "But.." "No, buts. Go get cleaned up and dressed. We're going on a road trip." Cameron smiled and headed up the stairs. "Remind me of what I ever did without you." "Nothing. You were a lost puppy I picked up on the streets. Now go," she laughed.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that she has a friend like Laura. I hope that the road trip does her some good.

    Cant't wait to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Laura! BOO Sidney... He broke her heart. Right thing or not, hearts should not be broken in letters. They hurt more that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really great story!congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh! please update soon! i already know this is going to be an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete